Sunday, 30 December 2012

Confessions and Conclusions

2013.  It is almost here.  A New Year brings about fresh starts.  And I want to begin the new year with a fresh slate. 

I want to begin the new year with a series of confessions so that in addition to knowing me (Grammar?) you know where I am in my journey to develop myself into a better mommy, wife, blogger, teacher and daughter, and friend.

1) I love fashion.  I consider myself to dress well, but feel like I have been in a rut.  And upon reflection over the past few years, I have realized that I have spent. Way. Too. Much. On. Clothing.

Way.  Too.  Much - Less than what I have previously spent before the babe, house and hubby, but still A. Lot.  But I have a solution to help this problem, which will be revealed.  Soon time.

2)  I am materialistic.  I know.  I love shoes.  I love sweaters.  I love boots.  I love shoes.  It is something that I am not super proud of. Sometimes I feel that it may be hindering me from life or from experiencing growth as a person.  And I (again) believe that I have found a solution.  Which will be revealed.  Soon time.

3) I love teaching.  I am trained as an elementary school teacher, but when that door was closed, another one opened up.  I could not find a job in that field of education :(  But I have an incredible job.  With incredible hours.  I can spend a LOT of time with my daughter.  I am so blessed.  I have been teaching at a post secondary institution for the past 5 6 years and LOVE. IT.  I really do.  Sometimes you just have to trust the plans that you so very carefully laid out, just might not work.

4) I am a Christian.  I believe I have been saved by Grace.  I try (TRY is the operative word) and live a life that makes people wonder why I am so different, why I make the choices I do, and why I try and love people for who they are and not what they have done (Or done to me).  John 3:16*  1 Corinthians 13:4-13* Holla.

5)  I am a nag.  I may (or may have not) posted this before.  I am trying to work on it.  I really am.

(At this moment, I may or may not have asked The Hubster to go down and pick up the laundry... 3... or 4 times...)


6)  I am creative.  I'd like to think that this is expressed by what I wear.  I like to think that it is expressed in my witty banter.  I like to think that it is expressed in my actvities with my daugter and in my conversation with my hubby.  Yeah.  I think I am creative.  I think.

7)  I am BEYOND in love with my husband.   BEYOND.  Do not roll your eyes.  Do not gag.  He has been specifically created for me.  Our meeting was orchestrated and the timing was perfect.  Sigh.   Sometimes I look at him and think, "You are so annoying"  Other times I look at him with dreamy eyes.  He has been an INCREDIBLE help with the baby.  He works BEYOND hard.  He stretches himself every. single. day.  Brag Moment** I do not even get up in the middle of the night anymore if baby wakes up.  Yeah. I am that lucky blessed.  You can have good or bad luck.  But a blessing is ALWAYS good.  And my  husband is always good to me, whether I think it or not. 

There I am.  In 7 (but certainly not limited to) bulleted points. 

In revealing myself in these 7 points, I have come to the conclusion that this year 2013, will be the year of change. 

What are some of your goals for this upcoming new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment