Tuesday, 1 January 2013

The Goals

It is here.  2013.  The Hubster and I have each selected a handful of goals that we hope to achieve.  Here are mines (I hate it when my students use this in their formal writing)

1. Be purposeful

This can fall into a plethora of categories.  But in a nutshell, I want to be more conscious of what I do, in every aspect of my life.  The resolutions goals for this year are efforts to change the way I live, or will eventually change the way I will live.  I want to be an example for my daughter.  I desire will be someone that she looks up to.  So, (in another nutshell) I am making an effort to be deiberate about the daily choices I make.  Is what I am about to do worth my while?  Worth my money?  Worth my time? 

Need a deeper example?  Today The Hubster and I did  major purge of my closet.  Upon reflection of my day, I realized that I have A LOT of clothing.  Some of the stuff I was purging still had the tags on it.  Sad face.  One way I have decided to be purposeful this year is to be selective about what I buy.  For greater deets, take a look at The Challenge.

2.  Be more active

The Hubster and I met at the gym.  15 months ago we were going at least 5 times a week (And yes.  I still was gym-ing whilst preggo.  And yes.  It helped during mu labour and delivery.  Happy face).  I loved (and still have the terrible itch) working out.  It made me feel good, I looked good and I was at a really healthy fitness level.  We are currently shopping around for the best bang for our buck gym pass.  The Hubster and I are not motivated enough to work out at home.  Although I did thrift some work out DVDs and have sadly never made their way to the player.  I do go on walks with G, and wear ankle weights, but I need more resistance training.  The gym would be a great addition to our new year.

3.  Try at least 1 new recipe a week

Hopefully I will find some real gems in my adventures in cooking and baking...

4.  DIY more, Buy Less...

Instead of purchasing that sweater with the sequins on it, why not make it myself.  And this will serv  Wait.  Let me rephrase that.  Let me ATTEMPT to make it myself..  Operative word?  Attempt.  Try. 

TA DA!  This is the year peeps. 

This is the year of purposefulness, activeness, recipe-ness, and DIY-ing-ness.



No comments:

Post a Comment