This Christmas season has been different. Busy. And different. The Gabster has been going through a ROUGH bout of teething. She has never really been a sickly baby, but this time around her teething has been really mean. I think its her molars. Even the word, "Molars" sounds mean. Maybe not as mean as, "Incisors", but mean enough.
We went to my aunts on the 23rd, Christmas Eve service on the 24th (Where Gabrielle wore her pink sparkle boots and leopard print cape... Oh yeah), My mom's that same night, where we slept over and Gabby woke up at 5:30AM with a fever (Poor baby), and my in-laws later that evening, returning to my mother's again that night. Busy. IKR? (I know, right?.. LOL. Thank you Google.)
Needless to say, it has been uber busy this holiday season. But even in the midst of all of this busyness, I wanted to make a list of how I have been blessed this Christmas time:
1) Grateful for a God who loves me, is teaching me (among many, many, many, many things) patience, endurance, saving, patience, and acceptance of who I have been created to be. I am also learning that the circumstances I have been facing, are placed in my path so He can prove I am designed me to struggle and learn them.
2) I have an amazing husband, whom I believe has been specifically created for me. We complement each other. And even though I have a career as a teacher he often is the one who does the educating. Darn.
3) At 15 months my daughter teaches me. She pushes me to be patient, wise, creative, energetic, punctual, frugal, caring and loving. I think I will be a life long learner in her class
4) My family is beyond incredible. They are always there for me, and are terribly generous. Terribly. Generous.
5) My friends are super amazing. Even after months of not seeing them, we can always, ALWAYS pick up where we left off, as if zero time has passed.
6) I love my shoe collection. (Hey. Do not judge. The title of this blog is "Psychology and Shoes")
7) I live in a country where I can freely worship what I believe. I live in a country where I can contribute my vote and make it count. I live in a country where education is valued and women are respected.
8) I have a roof over my head. And (especially recentlly.. Boo) even though it looks a tornado hit it at the moment..We have a roof nonetheless
9) I have a job that I adore. I love teaching. nuff said. And my hours are.. well.. Heavenly. Brag Moment: 3 Day Work Week. Nuff said (Again)
10) The opportunity to share my thoughts, (No matter how insignificant or superficial) with you. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment