Friday, 21 December 2012

Why I love Chicken Stock..

Random. I know.  And I know I should be blogging about the holiday season, or something insightful, or even shoes!  But since my journey into domestication, I have made a few discoveries, one of these being the all powerful CHICKEN STOCK.  And, in keeping with my love of lists, I shall now list the reasons why I love CS.

1. It adds flavour (Duh)  

But it really does.  Add it to your parboiled rice.  Add it to your baked chicken after searing it on both sides.  Add it.  Go ahead.  Add it.

2. It helps you feel better when you are sick

Good ol' chicken soup always does the need when you are stuck in bed with a nasty cold.

3.  You look like a SEER-EE-US chef when you say that it is made from friggin scratch.

Someone:  This soup is great!  What brand of stock did you use?

Me:  Oh.. (Looks up nonchalantly... and batts Dior Showed eyelashes) I made it.. .From scratch...

Someone:  Wow!  You are a SEER-EE-US chef!

*Note:  I do not always make my stock from scratch, and there are some awesome brands out there...

*Note #2:  This dialogue never really happened.

4.  It is good for you.

When making stock from scratch, you know exactly what is in it.  The trinity (Onions, Carrots, Celery), A bay leaf, sea salt, pepper corns.. Sometimes I go ahead and add other veggies as well.. Corn makes it taste pretty good as well...

So there.  My attempt at being domesticated.

Now these.










No comments:

Post a Comment