Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Sometimes a "staycation" is enough...

The Hubster and I have a dreamy 2 weeks off together.  Instead of going away, we opted to have a staycation.  I am really looking forward to spending time with my family.  And cleaning out my closet.  And organizing all of my shoes, without baby attempting to lick my stilettos, since her father will be home, keeping one eye on our beautiful baby, and the other eye on his video game.

A list to celebrate why staycations are awesome:

1.   No need to pack
2.   The comfort of my own bed, without wondering if there are any critters making themselves comfy in my
      hair
3.   No travel time
4.   I already know where all the malls and outlets are
5.   Home cooked food.  Cooked my yours truly, but sometimes cooked my Mommy as well
6.   The Gabster does not need to warm up to anybody.  She is already warmed up.
      Like a delicious piece of homemade pizza I nuked the night before
7.   I still have access to my closet, and do not feel like I have over packed
8.   No need to buy souvenirs.  Unless you are that person that likes to buy an overpriced Roots fair        
      isle sweater in a lip smacking red and black motif.  Just saying.
9.   Babysitters are close by
10. I do not have to to piles of laundry out of suitcases.  I have to wash piles of laundry in the basement.

In any case, I love (x 100000.57845783499) staycations.  Don't you?



No comments:

Post a Comment