| Hers |
*Yes. The contents of my closet are modified according to the season. It is a daunting task, but one that must be done. For it were not so, everytime I opened my closet it be as such.
And this is his closet. He does not need to change with the seasons. Neat and Tidy
| His |
After a tiring 15 minutes I came to a conclusion. I need a bigger closet. I have too many articles of clothing. Too many purses, and sadly (although I don't like to admit it) too many pairs of shoes.
So I purged. All I have to do to make more room in this closet is get rid of some items that I no longer use. I read in an article about organizing, and it was said that if you did not wear an item for over two years, then you should get rid of it. So I began to go through my piles. Am I really going to wear this red organic cotton cowl neck sweater? Am I really going to these wide leg linen pants with the adorable buttons on the side? How about this gorgeous oversized purple leather clutch?
This might be harder than I thought.
And so I gave myself another challenge. In addition to cleaning out my closet, I will also wear every piece of clothing, accessorize with every purse and use every shoe that I own BEFORE I purchase something new.
A challenge. But I think its something that I know I must do. This is a year of changes, rearranging, and learning. For those who know me really well, know that this will be terribly difficult for me. But this shopping fast and clothing purge will help me to focus on what is really important in my life, and force me towards goals and tasks that I want to complete.
Who knew that cleaning out my closet would lead to deep philosophical contemplation?
See? Shoes have a psycholgical effect on people.
I like. Good for you. I LOVE purging but I understand that it can be difficult for some peeps. And I like your challenge to yourself. As Jude would say, "FUMBS UP!"
ReplyDelete