Today I was born.
Today I am celebrating almost 8 months of being a mother.
Today I am 31 years old.
It's a special day.
Today I am celebrating a "Mirthday" - I am having a "Happy Mother Birthday"
Here is a list of 31 reasons to celebrate:
1. A beautiful pregnancy! No morning sickness! :)
2. A beautiful-ish labour!
3. An amazing daughter. A.MAZE.ING.
4. An amazing hubby. A.MAZE.ING.
5. I love my job - Which I hear is a luxury...
6. We spent our first year in our home...
7. I finally got a dining room table (Thanks Brother!) - In the garage, but finally in my possession!
8. Summer is just around the corner! (Hopefully)
9. I am learning to cook!
10. I am learning to cook successfully!
11. I am learning to cook successfully, and The Hubster loves it! (Phew!)
12. I have survived 8 months of caring for my daughter
13. I am successfully wearing every item of clothing in my closet at least once.. Shopping in my own closet!
14. I still look young-ish! With the exception of the crows feet I feel are starting to grow..
15. G is growing hair! No teeth yet, but we have hair folks!
16. 2 sets of grandparents who support Barry and I
17. The Hubster gutted the garden! Finally! No flowers yet, but it looks so much better than it did before!
18. Neighbours! To the left, a family with 4 kids - to the right a young fam w/ a son 1 month younger,than G
19. Back to my pre-baby weight! (Sort of...)
20. Stella our cat! The most loving feline I have ever met...
21. I have been successful in getting The Hubsteer to eat more veggies! An astronomical feat in itself!
22. " "
23. " "
24. " "
25. " "
26. I am learning to control my shopping!
27. I am learning to control my shopping successfully!
28. Raising G has forced me to be reflective in my actions and to be pursuit of developing into
mother who tries hard for her family every day.
29. I am learning that I can't be perfect... And as a perfectionist this is a very hard lesson to learn.
30. Finding my affinity for writing... With a purpose. I am discovering that writing is therapeutic.
31. Seeing God's grace and faithfulness in my life. It is amazing to know that prayers are heard and
answered - The answers are not in my time, or how I expect, but they are answered nonetheless.
It has been an adventure getting to the 3 tens plus one and I can't wait see what is in store for me this year!
This year I am learning what it really means to be a mother.
Mothers work hard. Every day.
Sometimes the work goes unnoticed - More often than not we often expect that the work is done, not giving reverence or appreciation where it is due.
Mothers find that second wind to comfort a sick child in the middle of the night.
Mothers can function on 4 hours of sleep - And still look like she had eight.
Sometimes it's hard. Sometimes it's draining. And honestly sometimes I am frustrated.
But then it happens.
She leans into my chest. She smiles that toothless grin. She laughs.
She sunggles into the space where my shoulders meet my neck.
And I realize that I love her more than life.
Even more than shoes.
Thank you mothers. Thank you for the work that you do and the love you give.
This commerical gets me every. single. time.
Happy Mommy's Day
You're doing okay, Mom. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment