Saturday, 19 May 2012

Long Weekend: Part 2

What a fabulous day.

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn (well....Gabrielle woke up at the crack of dawn and I followed) and started to cook and clean for an early birthday brunch I was having for my parents, whose birthday is tomorrow.

We had a awesome spread - a zucchini sundried tomato tart, a bacon cheddar quiche, small stuffed red and yellow potatoes,  sticky cinnamon buns (courtesy of my mommy), corn on the cob, corn fritters, and perogies (also courtesy of my mommy).



As a perfectionist, I critiqued the entire menu (except what my mother brought, of course). 

"I should have used more salt"

"Maybe if I woke up earlier, I could have decorated the table better"

And so on and so on...

I am learning.  Barry LOVED brunch.  Nothing makes me happier than when he enjoys my food.

Except maybe shoes.  Like these... I can still dream right??

But I had such joy cooking for my family. 

I truly feel that this is the beginning of something my transition into becoming domesticated.

Later on that day The Hubster, G and I stopped by the mall to get The Hubster a new telephone.  And I shall proudly say, "I did not feel the call of the mall"

Yes ladies and gents, I did not purchase anything. :)

I am changing...Slowly but surely.

After the mall we went to Barry's favourite place, (Lowes) and bought some screening (just learned what this was today)  for the flagstone pieces my dreamy hubby was re-arranging

When we got home, The Hubster continued his landscaping, while G napped.  She woke up had some milk and we went outside to keep her Daddy company.  He is doing an amazing job..



I also took the opportunity to get her used to her diva hat and new hippo folding chair.



It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment