I slept in on Saturday April 21, 2012. It was glorious. This was also my hubby's birthday. And he let me sleep in. It was slumberous. I slept in until 8 AM. Hubster - How I love thee.
By the time he got home from work, G was bathed and in bed snoring. He gave her a kiss as she slept and we had a romantic quiet dinner. We watched a few of our favourite television shows, and went to bed at 10PM. It was beyond perfection.
The next day The Hubster and I spent the afternoon together, sans baby. And while I missed her terribly, it was nice to have a break and him all to myself. We bought some furnishings for our newly renovated bathroom ( I LOVE Homesense), went grocery shopping and cleaned the house. It was a flawless afternoon.
Tonight the three of us had a quiet dinner, and watched some HGTV. While The Hubster bathed G, I marked some papers. We usually wind G down after she has her last feeding - We read her stories, listen and watch her aquarium, (which she adores), speak quietly to her about our day, smother her with hugs and kisses and put her to bed. She recently learned how to put herself to sleep, which is much easier than bouncing her for what seemed like a ga-gillion hours.
Simplicty is amazing, and in the midst of a very busy life the simple things make me painfully happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment