Thursday, 5 April 2012

Mommy Brain and Mommy Love

Today I found a garlic clove on my nightstand.  Sometimes I reach into my pocket at work and find a pink baby towel or lace trimmed sockie.  In my purse I found that stapler I am looking for.  I trip over a nude peep toe t-strap stiletto in the kitchen.  In Gabby's diaper bag I pull out a Starbucks K-Cup.  Welcome Kristina, to the world of "Mommy Brain".  I have been forgetting, misplacing and losing everything.  I have always considered myself organized and prided myself on an excellent memory.  While the randomness of it all is humorous, I can't help but wonder if I will ever get my old "Pre-Mommy-Full-Functioning-Brain" back.  Life has become a whirlwind of events that quickly mesh together.  It's amazing how busy life gets, and while I may never get my neurology back in check, I will gladly embrace my "Mommy Brain" with pride.  For with that label comes the duty of  caring for my daughter and this has been an amazing journey.

Maybe tomorrow I will find some cheese on the dryer.  Hopefully it will be ON the dryer, and not IN it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Love it. Erm, in my experience, my brain never came back to me. :( Bye, bye brain. I hope yours does, though. :D

    ReplyDelete