The past few years have transformed me. I have morphed from being a gym partner to a girfriend to a fiance to a wife and finally a mother (which is a continual reconstruction). It has not been easy. Beginning a journey with the love of your life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. When The Hubster and I first moved in together we were excited. We would get to spend every waking moment together. In theory, this was an amazing concept. In theory. In reality it was a struggle between neat and tidy. It was an arm wrestle with the definition of "clean". It was a collision of personalities and clothing - And only one closet space. One. Very. Small. Closet.
He transformed into my husband - Who listens, cooks, cleans, and apologizes. He was always attentive and caring, yet somehow he continued to develop these characteristics. He is continually refining his craft of becoming a husband. I wish I was as quick to learn the art of being a spouse.
I am stubborn. I like tasks to be done my way. I love to show him the "right" way of doing things.
"You have fold towels like this."
"Face all of the shirts in the same direction."
"Separate the laundry."
"Sweep then wet swiffer"
"Separate the laundry."
My name is Kristina, and I am a nag.
I am discovering how hard it is to be a mother and and a wife. Throwing psychology teacher into the mix also throws a wrench in the machinery. But I am trying - Everyday I remind myself how utterly blessed I am to have such an amazing husband who has been strategically been placed in my life. I am blessed with an amazing daughter and supportive family who love me to bits. Life is great.
I am learning to appreciate that the laundry is done - Even when the clothes have been in the dryer for almost a week. I am learning to say thank you when he decides to "organize" my closet. I am learning to give hugs of appreciation when he decides to go grocery shopping without me.... And returns with $10 dollars worth of M&Ms. He is an amazing inspiration. He exemplifies humbleness and continual love even when I am tired and make poor decisions.
How quickly the teacher becomes the student.
But - He always asks me what he should wear on Sundays. I still have that going on, Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment