Monday, 23 July 2012

Summer Semester - Done and Done.

The summer semester is finally complete.  I still have the final exam to mark, and compile the students final grades, but I like to think that the semester is finally done.

Yes. 

I opted to work one class this summer, and for some reason it has been more difficult than when I was teaching an almost-full schedule this past Winter semester.  It may have been because G started to crawl, cruise and get into everything... Or maybe its because I am getting out of the house less... In any case, I am done. PTL.

Yet even though I had a harder time teaching this semester, the group of students I had were amazing.   They really were.

They were interested.
They were attentive.
They asked questions, and gave answers.
They worked together well. (Most of the time)
They thought I was funny.
They liked me.  They really did.

I have been teaching at this college for about 5 years, and have discovered what a long way I have come.  I am more confident.  I am more assertive.  And I truly believe that I am becoming a better teacher with each semester I complete.

I enjoyed working this semester. 

And I enjoyed the applause I received at the end of the class.

It's too bad I didn't have a speech prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment