Sunday, 1 July 2012

Progress

Who would have thought that I would be so excited to see Gabrielle grow into an actual person.

I have adored seeing her progress and develop into who she has been created to be.
With every smile, roll, creep, crawl, assisted step and booty schooch I have grown to love my daughter more and more every day.

I love how she has the ability to slowly grow into her personality. 

And boy, does my girl have personality.

We are discovering that Gabrielle is driven. 

When she want to get to that pile of DVDs, she will find a way.

When she wants a Mum-mum (rice cookie) she lets me know, with a grunt or a squeal.

When I am not shoveling her sweet potato into her mouth fast enough, she lets me know.
Boy. Does she let me know.

I used to be worried about whether I was raising her right, whether I was entertaining her enough or if I was giving her enough stimulation for her quickly developing neurons. 

I have a ton of books. 
Books about sleeping. Books about eating.  Books about play.  Books about everything.

And I google like a champ.  I believe I have increased my WPM.  But I still don't type properly - I don't use the ASDF-JKL; way. 

I still google.  I can't help it.

Baby Center.  Baby Gaga.  Baby Bump.  Todays Parent. Parenting Today. The list goes on and on.

And in the daily tidal wave of information, the best lessons I have learned are these:

I will parent the best way I can.
I will make mistakes because, sadly, I am not perfect.  Sadly.
I will love my girl unconditionally.
I will forgive and ask for forgiveness.
I will read to her.
I will let her dream and use her imagination
I will trust that I have raised her right, and
trust that my parenting skills will drive her to make good life choices.
I will appreciate every hug, kiss, snuggle, and picture that my daughter gives me.
I will show her how I love my husband and make an effort to make everyday special for him.
I will show her how we try hard to work at our relationship everyday.
I will support her, even when I don't agree with it.

I will try. 
And when I mess up, I will try again.

And while neurological stimulation, physical development and discipline are at the top of my list, I am trusting that Barry and I will do the best we can.

I love her. I love watching her progess into who God has created her to be.

And I am getting better at not-being-perfect.

Sorta.

And I am better at not-shopping.

Sorta. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment