Materials:
Flour
Plastic spoons and small containers
Tray or cookie sheet - At first I used an old cookie container, but then realized
that it was too deep, so I just used Gabby's tray on her high chair
Gabby has been really into touching and feeling different textures lately. She loves those books where she can lift the flaps, and feel materials. And so I was inspired to do a sensory activity.
Initially, I wanted to use popcorn kernels, or an array of beans, but I didn't have any on hand, so I used plain 'ol baking flour.
And did she have fun.
| She loved the feel of the flour! |
G sat and played with plain 'ol baking flour for 15 minutes! Who needs television when we have the ever exciting but terribly plain and needs some colour baking flour!?! Now.. I need to think of ways to colour it... Kool Aid, maybe?
I also started the "Surprise Box" every morning. I just used an aluminum cookie tin (the same one used during our first attempts with flour play) and filled it with items that fit under a theme.
This morning I placed a black beaded necklace, a purple plastic bangle and a long rectangular jewelry box in the tin.
She loved looking at things that were not her everyday toys. As she explored each item, I explained what each was, what I used it for, colours, etc. Even before this non-screen adventure, I always tried to fill G days with a full lexicon.
I truly believe that G enjoyed herself today - We hope you did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment